With the support of a committed alliance of families, schools, and the community, the mission of Exceptional Student Education/Student Services is to provide students the opportunities, environments, and resources necessary for individual success and achievement of their full potential to become productive and participating memebers of society.
We believe that:
- All students will have the educational opportunities and resources necessary to reach their potential and function successfully within their schools, communities and society.
- The curriculum will recognize the students' worth and dignity by focusing on individual strengths and needs.
- Families, schools, and communities will work together to ensure that services and resources are available to students within and beyond the school setting.
- Families and students will be an integral part of the decision-making educational team.
- Students with exceptionalities will be included with age-appropriate non-disabled peers, whenever educationally appropriate.
- All instructional staff will be provided with current resources, ongoing training, and continuous support necessary to ensure successful student outcomes.