Bay District Schools will develop all students to their highest potential to produce successful, innovative citizens and leaders for tomorrow's world.
Bay District Schools will deliver a high quality education in a collaborative, safe, and respectful environment. Our commitment is to inspire students in the development of character with the acquisition and use of knowledge and skills as we prepare them for life and work in a diverse, global economy.
Bay District School Board Members
Jerry Reigister, District 1
Ginger Littleton, District 2
Joe Wayne Wakler, District 3
Ryan Neves, District 4
Steve Moss, District 5
Core Beliefs and Commitments
We believe that...
- Everyone must have a passionate commitment to academic excellence through high standards.
Commitment: We will set standards that create high-performing schools where everyone accountable and responsible for maintaining academic excellence and sound management.
- Relationships of students and adults must show empathy, care and trust.
Commitment: We will build relationships that enhance students' opportunities to excel in a rigorous curriculum without regard to place of residence, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, native language, or special needs.
- Compassion, conviction, and intense dedication to student academic success should stand as our hallmark.
Commitment: We will ensure that effective teachers and principals lead the classroom and school environment with academic excellence and innovative teaching practices.
- A professional teaching environment must be collaborative, innovative, and progressive.
Commitment: We will foster collaborative teamwork, critical thinking, mastery of content, personal growth and a school-wide learning culture.
- Data is revered as a means to provide feedback to students, refine instructional practices, and drive intervention decisions.
Commitment: We will use data and program evaluations to determine student, teacher, school, and district gains in student achievement.
- Connections within the community will help enhance student engagement.
Commitment: We believe responsible citizens are the foundation of our society and learning must take place at home, in school, and in the community.
- Technology skills are essential in a global economy.
Commitment: We will provide our students with the opportunities to acquire the technology skills necessary to compete in the local and global workforce.
- Equitable distribution of academic and operational resources will promote student success.
Commitment: We will distribute resources in an equitable manner to ensure the requirements and needs of each facility are met.