Charter School Substitute applicants apply at the Charter Schools
BAY DISTRICT SUBSTITUTES
"NEW" Substitute Teacher applications for Bay District Schools will be available 1 August 2013
Please come to the Nelson Building at 1311 Balboa Ave., Panama City, Florida, to begin the substitute process. Official transcripts must be ordered and submitted at the time of application to verify level of education
SUBSTITUTE INFORMATION and REQUIREMENTS:
All substitute teachers must be at least 18 years of age, and have a high school diploma or equivalent and a passing score on the paraprofessional exam OR 60 college credit hours, AA degree, or above. All substitutes must pass a Level II Background check via fingerprinting by Bay District Schools, Safety and Security Office.
1. Apply at the Nelson Building, Human Resources, 1311 Balboa Ave, Panama City, Florida. Bring proof of education, official transcript or HS Diploma and Para test results.
2. Submit to Level II Background Check through fingerprinting at 1140 W. 17th Street, Bldg 2, Panama City, Florida. (Hours: 7:00-4:30 Mon-Thur -Aug. 1-9 and 7:30-4:00 Mon-Fri -starting Aug. 13), at a charge of $95.00 money order, check payable to Bay District Schools, VISA or MasterCard –No Cash.
3. After being fingerprinted, check for background clearance at: https://webapps.bayschools.net/fingerprint/.
4. Enclosed in packet is On Line Training provided by Beacon Learning Center, a fee of $19.50 can be paid with credit/debit card. The course includes a brief test. Upon completion of the course print test results (2 copies) and turn one copy in with the substitute paperwork to Penny Houpt in the Nelson Building (Human Resources)
5. Upon fingerprint clearance, return completed substitute paperwork to Human Resources. At that time, you must provide driver’s license, official transcripts, social security card, and a $20.00 money order or check payable to Bay District Schools –No Cash- for a five-year substitute certificate.
6. The final step in the substitute process will be the mandatory 1-2 hour ETHICS/AESOP presentation at the Nelson Building
If additional information is needed, you may contact Penny Houpt, Substitute Registrar at (850) 767- 4230 or email@example.com. Thank you!