BAY DISTRICT SUBSTITUTES
Note: Charter School Substitute applicants apply at the Charter Schools
SUBSTITUTE INFORMATION and REQUIREMENTS:
All substitute teachers AND substitute paras must be at least 18 years of age and have a minimum of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or have a standard high school diploma or GED and a passing score on the paraprofessional exam or TABE. If you do not meet these qualifications, click here to access the test information. All substitutes must pass a Level II Background check via fingerprinting by Bay District Schools, Safety and Security Office:
1. Once you have your OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS or your passing scores along with your High School Diploma or GED, please bring those documents to the Nelson Building, Human Resources, 1311 Balboa Ave, Panama City, Florida.
2. You will be given the substitute application to take and complete. The Level II Background Check office is located at 1140 W. 17th Street, Bldg. 2, Panama City, FL. (Hours: 7:00-4:30 Mon-Thur -Aug. 1-9 and 7:30-4:00 Mon-Fri -starting Aug. 13), at a charge of $95.00 money order, check payable to Bay District Schools, VISA or MasterCard –No Cash.
3. After being fingerprinted, check for background clearance at: https://webapps.bayschools.net/fingerprint/.
4. Upon clearance of background check, complete the paperwork and the online training provided by Beacon Learning Center. (A fee of $19.50 can be paid with credit/debit card.) The course includes a brief test. Print “transcript”. This printout becomes part of your application package.
5. Return completed substitute application to Human Resources. Partially completed packages cannot be turned in. (Your social security card (or birth certificate) and, driver’s license, or current passport copies will be needed.) You must also bring with you a $20.00 money order or check payable to Bay District Schools –No Cash- for a five-year Bay District Schools substitute certificate, (or a valid Florida teacher’s certificate).
6. The final step in the substitute process will be the mandatory 1-2 hour ETHICS/AESOP presentation at the Nelson Building which will not be scheduled until all of the above is processed by HR.
If additional information is needed, you may contact Penny Houpt, Substitute Registrar at (850) 767- 4230 or email@example.com. Thank you!