Thank you for your interest in the School District of Bay County, FL. The school system operates as a county unit under the direction of a five member Board and the administration of an elected Superintendent of Schools.
The Human Resources website provides an on-line application for administrative, instructional and non-instructional applicants. Additional materials for applicants may be downloaded and mailed or faxed to the Human Resources Department. Please read all materials carefully and follow the instructions. Additional information regarding salary schedules, job descriptions, benefits, vacancies, recruitment and Alternative Certification is provided under our district documents, policies and forms.
Applicants are encouraged to monitor the employment vacancy list which is updated daily.
In accordance with Title I of the ADA of 1990, Bay District Schools will not discriminate in any employment practice against qualified individuals with a disability, individuals regarded as having a disability, or individuals with an association with a person with a known disability. Furthermore, it is the policy of Bay District Schools to provide a reasonable accommodation, if necessary, to all qualified individuals with a disability in order to assure equal opportunity in the application process. Contact Tanis Knight @ 767-4278 if you require an accommodation 3 days prior to your job interview.
The Bay County School Board Human Resources Department is located at 1311 Balboa Avenue, Panama City, FL 32401 and is open from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Department of Human Resources wants to provide excellent customer service. Please let us know how we can assist you in a smooth transition to the Bay County System.
Login to the Human Resources Portal
Notice of Social Security Number Disclosure
Section 119.071(5)(a)2.4., Florida Statutes requires agencies to notify individuals of the purpose(s) that require the collection of Social Security numbers. The Bay District School Board collects Social Security numbers for the following purposes:
• The Internal Revenue Service and Social Security Administration require a Social Security number on a Form W-4, that is used to determine how much federal withholding tax is to be collected and Federal Insurance Contribution Act (FICA) tax on wages paid and later reported in a W-2 Wage and Tax Statement.
• Social Security numbers are also used as identifiers for processing fingerprints with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
• Social Security numbers for employees and dependents are required for enrollment in health insurance, life insurance, and other miscellaneous insurances.
• Social Security numbers are used by the Florida Department of Education as a standardized identification number for the required reporting of yearly certification and training information.
• Social Security numbers are required by the Florida Division of Retirement to report earnings used to document credible years of service in the Florida Retirement System.
The Social Security numbers of all current and former employees are confidential and exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution.
Non Discrimination Statement
The School Board of Bay District Schools complies with the Florida State Statutes on Veteran Preference and the Federal Statutes on nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, age, or disability. This nondiscrimination shall apply to recruitment, employment, transfers, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Human Resource Links