New student registration (K -12) must be completed in person at your child's zoned school. Existing student updates can be completed online through Bay Parent Portal. Please refer to the categories on the Parent Portal page and select the option that applies to you. If you need any further assistance, please contact your student’s school of enrollment or Student Services at (850) 767-4328.
SCHOOL CHOICE ZONE LOOKUP
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION SY 2020-2021
To start your child’s new year off on the right foot, please be reminded that all existing families are required to update your student’s information online through your Parent Portal account. All students new to Bay District Schools will need to register in person at your child's zoned schools. Your receipt of your child’s school placement letter does not take the place of this requirement. Existing Parent Portal users with no address changes can complete this in the comfort of your home or anywhere that you can access the internet. Go to www.bay.k12.fl.us and click on the Parent Portal icon on the Bay District Schools home page. Parents new to Bay District Schools or those without a Parent Portal account need to complete online registration. This registration can be done at your assigned school site. No more of those tedious registration cards with the tiny blanks to be filled in!
The following are all benefits of your participation in this electronic registration process and Parent Portal usage:
- A “real time” picture of your child’s progress and attendance
- Instant updates about events, school news and school closures on your smartphone, laptop, tablet, or desktop computer
- Ease of communication with your child’s teacher Complete the process today
- All students entering 7th grade are required to have a Tdap booster. You can check with your healthcare provider or the Florida Department of Health in Bay County
This is an overview of registration requirements. For further information, refer to Bay District School Board Policy. Policy citations are cited in parenthesis following each requirement.
In order to be eligible for kindergarten admission, a student must have attained the age of five (5) years on or before September 1 of the current school year (7.101).
Students under the age of 18 may only be enrolled by a parent or guardian
Required Documents for Registration
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Florida shot record
- Two proofs of address such as:
- car payment/billing statement
- lease or rental agreement
- a recent utility bill that reports where service is provided (i.e. electric, water, telephone, cable, internet)
- rent receipt
- voters registration
- insurance payment/billing statement
- W2 Income Tax statement
- verification from the Clerk of the Circuit Court as the address to which child support payments
- property tax record
- recent legal document
- any official Contract to Occupy a Residence within 30 days. However, if that address does
not become the student's official home address within 30 days, the student shall be transferred to
his/her zoned school.
- any other pertinent information that may be requested and/or approved by the Superintendent or
*if moving from out-of-state, parents may take the current shot record to the Health Department to have it transferred to an official Florida shot record (Form 680).
Each student shall, within thirty (30) school days of initial admission into Bay County Schools, provide evidence of a medical examination conducted within the previous twelve (12) months pursuant to laws and rules of the State Board of Education (7.101).
Medications or Allergies
No medication (prescription or non-prescription) will be dispensed at school without written parental/guardian permission. All medications (prescription or non-prescription) must be registered on the Bay County School Board Permission to Administer Medication form (only one medication per form) and must be signed by a licensed physician or other licensed practicing health care provider. Note this form must be renewed at the beginning of each school year (7.302).
PERMISSION TO ADMINISTER MEDICATION FORM
Transfer Students from Non-Public School Programs
A student entering a district school from a nonpublic school or program shall meet the General Admission and Enrollment Requirements. If the student is transferring from a nonpublic school which is not state or regionally accredited, or from a home education program, the student shall be assigned to a grade by the school principal based on placement evaluation (7.101).
Controlled School Choice Program
A choice request will need to be filed only if the parents or legal guardian’s desire the student to change schools. Before completing a choice request, the student must be registered at his or her zone school.
SCHOOL CHOICE INFORMATION