School Advisory Councils
According to State Statute and Bay District School Board Policy 8.601:
Each school in Bay County shall establish a School Advisory Council (“Advisory Council”). The Advisory Council at each school in the district shall assist in the preparation and evaluation of the School Improvement Plan which shall provide a system of school improvement and accountability in accordance with Florida law.
If you are a business/community member and would like to be involved in your local school's Advisory Council- please contact the Principal or Ilea Faircloth. We would be happy to discuss the opportunity with you.
Schools begin creating and developing SAC at the beginning of the school year and continue recruitment during September and October. Each School Advisory Council will meet a minimum of four times throughout the year.
The first SAC meeting, occur in October/November will approve the school's School Improvement Plan (SIP).
• Meeting 2: December/January
• Meeting 3: February/March
• Meeting 4: April/May
BDS Office of School Improvement is proud to present "Bay District Schools Advisory Council Training" through Canvas- our learning management system. This course is designed to be self paced, interactive, and take around 1-2 hours to complete.
• If you do not have a Canvas account, it will prompt you to create one to take the course.
• If you have a Canvas account, it will prompt you to sign-in and add the course.
• Trouble logging in: try this! https://bay.instructure.com/register and use the following join code: EH4WWB
If you have any questions on SAC, please contact Dawn Capes (email@example.com) 850-767-5449